Monday, March 26, 2012

Reflection

The Master's program I am in is amazing...it has been an unbelievable amount of work but I feel prepared to teach diverse groups of students in a time of change and growth for my profession. One thing I have been asked to do over and over again is reflect. What did I learn? How does that learning relate to my pedagogy? How will it make me a better teacher? What have I learned from the mistakes I made? What will I change in the future? Why did I make the choices I did? Why do it that way? How did I accommodate my lessons so they were accessible to all of my students? Why? Why? Why?

Reflection has become almost a reflex. Why am I doing this? Why not do that instead? I find myself asking this question over and over again regarding my entire life...not just in my professional milieu. I am finding that it can be an unsettling and unnerving habit.

I am growing and changing and stretching beyond anything I thought myself capable of. It is exhilarating and frightening all at once...because I am scared of outgrowing the comfort zone I have lived in for so long.

If not this then what?

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, welcome back, Stranger!! I've missed you so!

Glad to hear grad school is going well. How is the family doing?